Thursday 24 September 2009

Memories of St Budeaux


I have just finished a new book called, 'Memories of St Budeaux'. When I finished my book on St Budeaux a few years ago, I received lots of emails and letters from people who had enjoyed reading it and who kindly sent me their own memories and photos of the area. There was so much information, it seemed a shame not to record it so I've collected all these memories together in this book. There are memories taken from the notes and cuttings of local historian, Marshall Ware. I've also tried to recall the many stories that he told me about St Budeaux over the years. There are memories of the war, the people, entertainment, transport etc. The book also covers the time when a lot of St Budeaux was mainly farmers field and of a time when there were no trains, buses, cars, electricity or gas. Also included are the memories of the railway enthusiast and author, Maurice Dart. He tells of his time living at Tamar Terrace throughout the Second World War. There are also rare photos of the American soldiers who left from Saltash Passage for D-Day. I hope it will prove very interesting to people who live in the area and also to others who have an interest in St Budeaux. The book will shortly be available through Amazon and other online retailers and should be in Waterstones within the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment