Wednesday 13 April 2011

New columns



Thanks to everyone who regularly follows my local history blog. From April, I have a regular monthly column featured in the Plymouth Shopper newspaper, which is delivered to thousands of homes, which I hope many people will enjoy reading. I hope to include many new and interesting stories concerning the history of Plymouth and its surrounding areas. This month's edition contains an article about the Blitz.

Also, from April, I'll have a regular column in the Plymstock and Wembury Marketplace magazine. Articles will appear quarterly and the first one features rare photos and information showing HMS Cambridge at Wembury Point when it was a holiday camp back in the 1930s. I hope that people will enjoy the articles and will pick up a copy of the magazine or newspaper locally if it's not delivered to their homes.
My blog postings also continue weekly on the Devon Life site and also feature intermittently in the Herald. People ask me why they're not featured in the Herald more regularly. Who knows? Ask the Herald!
Anyway, I hope that a lot of people will find them very informative and I hope to include many interesting stories as well as many seldom-seen photos. I hope you'll all look out for, and enjoy, the articles in these publications.

No comments:

Post a Comment